Monday 17 June 2013

Python Plans + Tuesday - is worse than Monday

Tuesday Mornings....

The day is not horrible. The day is great. The horrible thing is leaving your nice warm bed while being cuddled by 2 big dogs.

I hit the snooze button so many times that 30 minutes passed. I am lucky I always get an early train for the reason of sleeping in. Good planning I say!

I had an hour + train ride, was great to sleep!

Anyhow to the real reason for the post

Python! Specicially SPSE - More Specifically Security Python Scripting Expert.


In my plan to gain practical skills while at full time work. i plan to complete the above course from http://www.securitytube.net/

The course link is here.

Now if you have read any previous posts, you must know that I have a love-hate relationship with programming. More so I am too stupid to learn it. Anyhow, in my last post I was completing my way through learnpython.org and stopped at generators. I thought having the basics down would be a great time to start the SPSE course.

The first module of the course is a quick run through the syntax. A very quick run through I might add. So if you plan on attempting this course, please do have basics of Python, or have the time to learn it as you, which is what I plan to do.

Module 2 so far is reading and writing files. Which I assume will  be used quite often during the course. There is an exercise to write code that reads out all directories and files back to you. Pretty nifty, pretty awesome, and if you do not do it correctly it prints out in an incomprehensible way. So newline is a good thing to put.

So I plan to complete the SPSE course, originally by the end of June (12 days left), but now end of JULY I HOPE!. I need to finish it.



Cheers,
Haydn



No comments:

Post a Comment