Sunday 23 June 2013

Getting Fat, Being Lazy and all things I wish I wasn't

Hi Everyone! How are you guys doing?

This post is to remind myself to get back on the wheel of 'life' and continue running instead of walking.
I.E Taking responsibility for what I eat, what I do, how I study.

Each day is gone, disappeared. It flies through without me having much control. I have been holding on for the ride. I assume many people do these days, or at some point in their life become stagnant like myself. But I have decided NO MORE.

Plan to no be 'Fat'

I am not fat in the sense of being obese, or not fitting any old jeans anymore. I am fat in that I have grown a bit of a belly, my cardio is not as it used to be, by that I mean non-existent. Drilling at Jiu Jitsu is not the pleasure of pain it used to be, it is now all fours on the ground gasping for air at the end. Being drained and knowing you have pushed through a barrier verse fighting with your fitness is very different.

Plan to study properly  - paying attention

I am finding I am either not as smart as I once was (many would argue I never was) or my attention is not as strong.

Completing through the SPSE (securitytube python course) is taking much longer than I thought. The time I do get to study is not being as fruitful as I first thought. I flick to Facebook too easily, I fight trying to install Ubuntu on virtual box and vmware player, though that can be justified to virtual box running like a snail.

It just seems that the speed at which I used to learn in year 9 has dramatically slowed. I used to be so attentive, the student with the hand up first to answer the question (at risk of being bullied). Now it is like study or waste time. Generally the waste time option wins.

I know I know, its not good for my future, I want to be a pen tester and to do that as a job I need to do a certain amount of hours, if I want to be better at anything I must put in the time. I know all this, but execution is my downfall, I am like the person that knows the best technique to do anything, I just don't...

I want to stop this!

Each day, what where?!

Days go bye. over and over. I have been at my graduate job almost 4 months now, amazing. I am so happy I have passed my probationary period. Things go by so quickly. I have been really bad in routines.

My training routine for Jiu Jitsu (more mental than on paper) has stopped. Last week I only got to training once last week! So so so bad of me.


From here we go up

As I am sure everyone has troubles like this, I am attempting to catch it before it gets really bad.

Mondays at work I am planning to get to Jiu Jitsu for lunch and afternoon, that would be amazing. I only have to stay back a little bit later or start a bit earlier. Since Jits is at 6 30pm its quite easy to do. I want to add in more weight training at some points.

For study, I am going to make a plan for each session, even if 30mins, what am I doing it for, what is the focus etc etc.

My weight.. Hmm my weight, hopefully Jitsu takes care of that, but I am going to employ Lite n Easy I think. The last thing I want to do is go home and have to cook, some people love cooking and it relaxes them, but that is just not for me.

So that is the plan so far?! Let me know if you guys have any tips and tricks. Like I said earlier I am great at googling, using websites, having the knowledge, but execution lacks..

Hopefully this post kicks my but!

Cheers
Haydn


No comments:

Post a Comment