Tuesday 26 November 2013

Trying out Microsoft Live Writer

Hey all, new post.

Its a been so long! I have been lazy, but only with posting, I have still been up to stuff!

This post is to test out live writer.

I am already noticing a benefit as I did not have to go to Blogger, create page etc etc. It isn’t much I know, but if you are blogging heaps I could see it being an unnecessary waste of time.

I was informed about Live writer via Troy Hunt, who is a seriously hardcore blogger and internet security researcher. So the advice came with weight behind it aye. He can be found here @troyhunt. <- and on that not it is so much quicker to do a hyper link.

 

So if this posts, live writer is working well for me.

 

BUT BUT BUT!! To get installed was one big ass mofo.

When live writer wants to hook up to your blogger it asks for your blogger URL, username and password. Sound easy right?

 

1 Blogger URL: easy

2 username: easy

3 password: not accepting… wtf why, what am I d0o0oing wrong.

 

So after much googling I found out that the password is not your username password, as your username is your email password. It would be bad security to ask to give your email password, so it requires the Google ‘Application Specific Password”. Which in hindsight makes sense, its an application connection to blogger which uses your gmail account… *facepalm, at the time it was not making sense.

 

A quick rundown on ASP’s can be found here.

I do need to find a good python syntax highlighter for my blog.

So that is my blog so far.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment