Friday 31 May 2013

Saturday Metasploit-ing

Hi All,

It is Saturday here, hope you are all enjoying your weekend, if it has started (I understand there may be different timelines for readers).

My Saturday plan for infosec is play with Metasploit using the vulnerable Virtual Machine(VM) Metasploitable. It can be found here. I am going to interact with it using Backtrack 5 R3 VM. I don't have to give a link to that, I am sure you can 'google' it :).

Metasploitable is currently downloading, it is 833mbs in size, so its not that big. Quite a good size to muck around with. I have had a shot with it before, more of a flick threw. I tend to flick through many topics and skip to the next one. This is not a great habit to get into, so I warn you, do not follow what I used to do.

This blog is an attempt to force myself to slow down and reflect on what I learn. So instead of saying yay I know what Metasploit does without understanding 'WHAT' it actually does, it will be a goal to post here what I learn.

The missus is studying, having exams in a few weeks its probably a good plan. So being a good partner I am not going to game (oh the tragedy!) and I am going to study instead! Wish me luck all

Comment your opinions on the blog, Metasploit etc, whatever drums around in your skill.

Update in 2 hours... If I can resist blogging again!

Regards,
Haydn

No comments:

Post a Comment