Wednesday 29 May 2013

Introduction 1st Blog - Read with sympathy

So my first blog. Hi you, the person reading, hope you are well. - A much more personal introduction than simply saying "hi everyone", did it work? If not leave a comment to let me know.

What to expect:
You should be expecting a blog around the inner workings of my mind, no Jedi tricks, just thoughts. Even though the force is much cooler, I do not have those skills, sorry folks! This blog is to keep track of my thoughts about information security and my training of Brazilian Jui Jitsu.

I am new to cyber security and wish to blog about what I learn, the troubles I go through and experiences I have. Hopefully my pain will encourage people to keep learning. If you have any tips throw them at me. No really, please do.

Brazillian Jui Jitsu (various spellings are around) is a sport I fell in love with when I gave it a shot around 8 months ago, October 2012. I am hoping to write about my experiences to help maintain what I learn. Being at a new full time job it is hard to attend as many classes as I'd like. Which is everyday all day! Ossss



About me:

I am Haydn, a cyber security enthusiast who has just gained a Risk graduate position. Great company, great reputation, so great for me. I am feeling very lucky. Risk is mainly focused on auditing, and I am focused on cyber security, so its a bit of a love hate relationship. We will see how it plans out!

As of 2013 I am currently 25. A late starter for beginning any new career, depending on how you look at things. We always wish we could go back. I have an undergraduate in Interactive media, similar to Multimedia just more focus on how the user uses things. A master of I.T is my most noteworthy degree, majored in Security, hence the love of security.

I currently live (hopefully this doesn't change in the future) with an amazing women, she is currently studying her final year in Bio-medical science and aiming to become a Doctor, Vet or something else with a high status. This girl also happens to be my partner, lucky me, I have her wage to fall back on! (just a joke honey!).

We have 2 beautiful dogs, by dogs I mean small horses, a 50kg Rottweiler and a 34kg German Shepherd X.  you think your small dogs in the bed are too big, wait until you have a Black horse decide to sleep in the middle of a bed, and a feral mut (because she is a Cross-Breed) sleep on the other side of you. Not the most comfortable, but would never want it any other way.


Rules for readers:

Feel free to read, it will always be free. Comment if you wish, they are welcome. Please do make comments relevant, I will reply when possible. If giving feedback which I encourage, please make it constructive, that way I can learn while not having my poor ego stripped away.

Hopefully it is not too long to read. But it is the intro and you can take your time reading it.

Thanks :)

Haydn


1 comment: