Sunday 21 July 2013

New books, thick and heavy - Plan to read (i swear!)

So about 2-3 weeks ago I ordered some books, not an e-book, a REAL book. Me, ordering a hard copy book would be the last thing I thought I would do. But I have been reading these books on my e-reader and thought "hey, lets try the hard copy, it will look like i am serious too.


Why I chose to order real BOOKS

I am planning to do the OSCP, as such I was recommened to read and learn that information contained in these books, to better prepare myself for it.

I thought that was a great idea, and its where my passion lies. So why not?!!?!?

Ordered the books

So I looked at Amazon and the UK book repsitory. The UK book repository was cheaper for the first 2 books, but Amazon came in just a tiny bit cheaper for 3 books. I wanted them at the same time so I did not bother splitting my order. 

The books were to arrive in August 09ish...

Arrival of my books.

Expecting the books a month later I was surprised when my partner told me a massive bag came with my name on it. Looking at the bag I was like rightio... A massive garbage bag what on earth could this be.
It was my books, not surprisingly, but when you view the pic you will see what I am blogging about it.

-> The bag....... trolololol, what an eye sore!



What books did I order??!?!?!


The Web Applications Hackers Handbook -> HERE
I did read some XSS in this book. It is so fantastic, goes into great depth and I think it has some humor, or maybe that is just me.



Hacking Exposed 7 -> HERE
Sorry have not read

The Art of Human Hacking. -> HERE
I read this in bed, is really great, to see the human side of attacks/exploits is really 'great' to see/read.


I recommended them! (even the one I have not read yet).

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently doing the OSCP. Started on sunday. It's a good course so far. Alot of material is covered. I would also recommend reading the Basics of hacking and penetration testing by Patrick Engebretson. Get a good working knowledge of Linux/Backtrack including Bash Scripts if you don't already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan, thanks heaps for the reply. I have done much research on OSCP. How many hours a night are you spending on it?

    Thanks for the tips! I have a very basic bash understanding, but certainly will do more before I start OSCP.

    I am hoping to finish a security tube python course this month.

    ReplyDelete